PEARL (Person Environment Activity Research Laboratory) is to be a unique world leading research space for UCL’s Department of Engineering. The scope consists of the demolition of an existing building followed by the construction of a new open warehouse spanning 100x40m wide and 10m high. Internally there is a 2 storey CLT office space which feeds onto the open lab/area. MEP fit out consists of theatre style equipment large lighting rigs and other controls.
Description of works:
- Site set-up.
- Identification and location of Live underground services.
- Cut and Fill activities Including all compaction.
- Screened 3000m3 of 6f2 site won materials to achieve certified type 1
- Reinforced Foundations with bolt settings.
- Reinforced Lift shaft pit and upstand walls.
- Concrete Column encasements.
- All Drainage including install of 2no pumping chambers, 1no by-pass separator and excavation for 2no attenuation tanks.
- All services trenches and ducting to supply the unit.
- Installation of all street furniture i.e. street lights.
- External works Including all Kerbing/Edgings, Aco channels, kerb drains and Paving.
- Preparation and concreting to a section of the internal slab.
- Preparation and concreting to the external service yard Including, all mastic jointing.